Menu
Shortenlink and get Paid
 

Sponsored Content

Loading...

Good fortune has followed Rachel Riley following her debut as Carol Vorderman’s Countdown successor in 2009 – but a career in television was the last thing on her mind when she applied for the position shortly after leaving university.
The 28-year-old brainbox has become a household name thanks to her prominent role on the Channel 4 weekday show, but her application was more of an afterthought than a concerted effort to pursue a career in television.
‘I only applied for Countdown as a bit of a laugh, while applying for lots of other graduate jobs,’ she told Saturday magazine. ‘I’ve had some amazing opportunities and I’ve loved every minute.’
Success: Rachel Riley's career has enjoyed an upward curve following her first appearance on Channel 4 show Countdown in 2009
Success: Rachel Riley's career has enjoyed an upward curve following her first appearance on Channel 4 show Countdown in 2009

Post a Comment

One way to contribute to the development of this website is by always dropping your comment whenever you read a post.


Don't leave without dropping yours

 
Top