
To protest against the recently signed anti-gay law signed by President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigerian lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transsexual & inter-sex in diaspora held a rally yesterday, February 20, 2014 outside Nigerian High Commission, London, to protest the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act signed into law.
According to the group, the protest was staged to state their disagreement with the anti-gay law which they said is a violation of their human rights. They were said to have delivered a protest letter to the Nigerian High Commissioner, holding a kissing spree outside the embassy as they said “Yes to Love” and “No to Hate”.
One of the protesters, Davis Mac-Iyalla made a statement defending their right against people who use Bible to judge them:
As for the Bible and scripture, I just try to do my best to live the way I believe a good person should and leave “the book” to others who do a great job twisting it into what they want to believe. I do use pieces to point out their imperfections, though, when they use it as a weapon against homosexuals. I have said it before, and I would say it again: If you want to live completely by the principal of the Ten Commandments, then show me where it was written that “thou shall not be gay.”
The African church must open its mind to honest conversations. The African bishops need to stop doing the talking and start listening to the LGBT people.
Rev Jide with other activists
- Photos: [H/T Demotix.com]
Remember the Bible go against every form of immoral conduct or act. so don't be carried away with the things of this world--- My world for you All...








Post a Comment
One way to contribute to the development of this website is by always dropping your comment whenever you read a post.
Don't leave without dropping yours