Calle 13 rapper René Pérez Joglar is leading the charge against
conspicuous consumption in the hip hop world -- he just beat his own
Maserati to pieces and drove it off a cliff ... all to prove the point
that money is killing music.René pulled off the stunt for his new music
video "Adentro" -- and if that wasn't cool enough ... baseball legend
Willie Mays actually hands him the bat.Rene tells us, "I bought the
Maserati because I myself fell victim to the stereotypes. I thought that
once I had a nice house and a nice car that meant I had made it in the
entertainment industry."He adds, "When I started using the car, it made
me feel uncomfortable owning it ... because I realized that the car
stood for everything that is wrong with society ... Material goods
aren't what makes life worthwhile."
Post a Comment
One way to contribute to the development of this website is by always dropping your comment whenever you read a post.
Don't leave without dropping yours